Dear Faithful of the Chaldean Catholic Eparchy of St. Thomas the Apostle,
The clergy assignments have been updated this year and include the following:
– Fr. (elect) John Jaddou, expected to be ordained on June 30, 2018, will be assigned as
Parochial vicar of Saint Joseph Chaldean Catholic Church in Troy, Michigan.
-Fr. (elect) Fadie Gorgies, expected to be ordained on June 30, 2018, will be assigned as
Parochial Vicar at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Chaldean Catholic Church in Warren,
Michigan. Fr. (elect) Gorgies will also be assigned to the Chaldean Church’s mission to
the Chaldean community in Boston, Massachusetts, visiting at least once a month to
– Fr. Pierre Konja will be assigned as a spiritual director at St. Peter Chaldean Catholic
Seminary in Ankawa, Iraq. The role of a spiritual director is to help one to recognize how
God is working in their lives and to help one grow in holiness.
– Fr. Bryan Kassa will be assigned as the vocations director of the Eparchy, an assignment
formerly held by Fr. Pierre Konja. The role of the vocations director is to help men and
women who are exploring a possible vocation to either the priesthood or religious life to
discern properly and effectively. The vocations director also has a role in helping to form
the men who are currently in the seminary program. Fr. Kassa is expected to start this
assignment officially on May 1 st due to Fr. Konja’s new assignment in Iraq.
– Fr. Sanharib Youkhanna will be assigned as the Rector of Mother of God Chaldean
Catholic Cathedral in Southfield, Michigan.
– Fr. Hermiz Haddad will be assigned as the Administrator of Mar Aprem Chaldean
Catholic Church in Chicago, Illinois.
All assignments, with the exception of the Vocations Director, will officially begin on August 1 st .
Please continue to keep the Eparchy and your brother clergy in your prayers.